Deborah Eve Alastra
An artist reflecting on our world’s topics…
…in her very unique perspective. She opens our eyes and raises awareness of sometimes repressed aspects of life.
Deborah Eve Alastra not only comes up with the beautiful aesthetics of nature and the present, but also with our reality’s difficulties, and questionable developments in humankind.
The artist from Portland, Oregon, displayed her work in a wide range of solo and group exhibitions across California and other areas in the US.
Her success reaches from being featured in institutional collections, to publishing in Stanford University’s Millennium Alliance for Humanity and Biosphere magazine, and other influential entities. Deborah comes from a well-educated artistic background.
Deborah Eve Alastra graduated with a BA in Painting and Printmaking from the University of California at Santa Cruz. Before that, the artist was studying and actively painting for several years at the Bellas Artes, Guanajuato Mexico.
Her influences come from a global experience while traveling, and she was responsible for the activities of the Community Action Board of Santa Cruz County for 18 years, as a Program Director.
In order to increase the life quality of children of farmworkers in California, she became the founder of the North Coast Children’s Art Program, which offered free after-school and art classes in summer for the young ones in rurally isolated areas.
The artist spent the last 14 years in her studio with a constant output of artworks, while having breaks just to absorb yet another inspiration by traveling.
Upcoming NFT Collections
Deborah Eve Alastra Collection at institut.
- Resist (2016)
- Resist Too (2016)
- Covid Streets (2021)
- Covid Play (2020)
- Haunted Pub (2017)
Deborah Eve Alastra Collection at Portion
- Elders Hope (2020)
- Fighting The Current (2021)
- Next Growth (2020)
- Spring ’21 Portland (2021)
- Which Way (2021)
Awards, Commissions & Publications
- 2005 CAL-Research, Richmond CA; commission for 2005 Poster.
- Painting of farmworkers titled ‘Healthcare for All’. Edition of 2,000 to be printed in October 2005. Supports CAL-Research studies and grants for California social service non-profits; Richmond, CA.
- May 2005 Progressive Greetings ArtSource, United Kingdom’s International Trade Magazine for the Greeting Card Industry. Featured with photo and two paintings. London, England U.K.
- 2005 Art Business News, Originals, feature publication with photos of newest floral watercolor series, contact information. Susanne Casgar, Editorial Director, Art Business News, Pfingsten Publishing, L.L.C., Cleveland, Ohio.
- 2006 Michaels On Main, Floral Interiors, and exhibition of large watercolor giclee prints.
- 2005-06 Harmonic Inc. Company, Commons Room, Sunnyvale, CA. Floral Watercolor Giclee Print Series, ‘Floral Interiors’; Carol Dabb Corporate Art Consultants Inc., Los Altos, CA.
- 1999 Bargetto Winery, Soquel, CA. watercolors, ‘Reflections’, Liz Freidman, curator.
- 1995 Santa Cruz Art Center, Santa Cruz, CA. watercolors and oils, Views of Davenport. Beth Regardz, curator.
- 1989 De Silva Gallery, San Jose, CA. watercolors and oils. ‘Mexico Memories’.
Ricardo de Silva, curator.
- 1988 Whole Earth, UC Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA. Paintings and Diaramas. Tom Brownbridge, curator.
- 1986 Louden Nelson Community Center, Santa Cruz, CA. Recent Works, watercolors and oils. Curators, City of Santa Cruz, Art Committee.
- 1986 Santa Cruz Art Center, Santa Cruz, CA. Views of the North Coast in watercolors and oil, Beth Regardz, curator.
- 1985 Old Town Art Center, Los Gatos, CA. watercolors and oils, Works by Deborah Levin.
- 1984 Santa Cruz Art Center, Santa Cruz, CA. Diaramas, Joseph Schultz, curator.
- 1983 Del Mar Gallery, Del Mar, CA. Relief Prints, Jack and Ur Sharpe curators.
- 1979-1981 Kipp Collection Showroom, Pacific Design Center,
Los Angeles, CA. Exhibition of Textile Designs, Jay Bowyer curator.
- University of California at Santa Cruz Slide Archives, ‘Visions of the North Coast’, Deborah (Levin) Eve Alastra. McHenry Library, UCSC. (1988).
- Bellas Artes, Guanajuato, Mexico 1977-1980
- General art studies; painting and drawing. Part of the Bellas Artes, Mexico City.
- UC Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA 1980-1983
- BA in Fine Arts, Painting and Printmaking.
- 2006 Running Fence Recycled, Claudia Chaplaine Gallery, Stinson Beach.
- 2005 Invitation / Acceptance: The 51st International Art Exhibition, organized by the Fondazione la Biennale di Venezia and directed by María de Corral and by Rosa Martínez.
- 2003/2004 Santa Cruz Digital Arts Exhibits, Daryl Wise. Watercolors and Oils digitalized and edited using Photoshop. Group exhibitions.
- 1986-1988 Santa Cruz Open Studios. Cultural Council of Santa Cruz. Paintings and Prints. Group exhibit from home studios.
- 1984 Santa Cruz Art League, Dia de los Muertos Group Art Exhibit. Painting and Diarama submissions.
- Read our magazine interview with Deborah Eve Alastra